Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mini Bed

Here is the final piece of mini furniture for Hagrid's hut. It is his bed with its patchwork quilt and pillow. I took pictures of the bed with all the pieces removed then added them one at a time starting with the frame, mattress, quilt, pillow and finally pillowcase, so you could see every aspect of the bed. I also took the pictures next to a quarter so you can get an approximation of its size. The frame is made out of balsa wood that I glued and colored with a brown sharpie. The mattress is a piece of foam that I covered with brown fabric to make it look like a sheet. The quilt and pillowcase are both made from different fabrics that I glued together with fabric glue, and the pillow is a white piece of fabric sewn together and stuffed with cotton. I will hopefully have another post up soon that will show the inside of the hut with all the furniture in it, as well as the fireplace having logs and the light piece to make it look like it is lit. Until then enjoy these pictures of the bed!











No comments:

Post a Comment